NICSA Job Bank
Welcome to the Washington University in St. Louis!
Washington University, established in 1853, is private four-year institution for higher education that is highly regarded for its commitment to excellence in learning. Washington University creates an environment to encourage and support an ethos of wide-ranging exploration. Washington University’s faculty and staff strive to enhance the lives and livelihoods of students, the people of the greater St. Louis community, the country, and the world.
Why Washington University?
When making a decision to work for a given employer, people choose to work at Washington University because of our commitment to our employees as expressed through the following cardinal/guiding principles and values:
- Fair and equitable treatment of all employees with regard to benefits, compensation, training and promotional opportunities.
- Respect for each individual by encouraging open expression of opinions, ideas, and concerns in an open, risk-free environment.
- Performance standards that are fairly administered and that promote excellence and quality through ongoing opportunities for development/improvement of our people and the support they provide for faculty, students, and other staff members.
- Loyalty and dedication to the University which fosters a unique team spirit and commitment where each employee’s contribution is critical to our overall success.
Mission Statement: Washington University’s mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching, and learning.
- This month’s featured department is: Alumni & Development.
- Check out the listings for all jobs pertaining to Alumni & Development here:
Washington University is an institution renowned for its excellent attributes pertaining to its campus, students, faculty and staff.
Top accomplishments and rankings Washington University:
- #1 in social work, U.S. News & World Report, 2013
- #1 best college dorms, The Princeton Review, 2013
- #4 best undergraduate business schools, Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013
- #5 top 50 schools for entrepreneurs, The Princeton Review, 2012
- #6 in comprehensive medical schools, U.S. News & World Report, 2013
- #7 best value private colleges, The Princeton Review, 2012
- #9 best architecture schools, Architectural Record, 2011
- #11 in graduation and retention, U.S. News & World Report, 2012-2013
- #14 in overall undergraduate programs, U.S. News & World Report, 2012-2013
- #22 highest freshman retention rate, U.S. Department of Education, 2013
Sampling of top accomplishments of faculty by number:
- Pulitzer Prize- 3
- Poet Laureate of the United States- 2
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences- 39
- National Academy of Sciences- 34
- American Law Institute- 16
- National Medal of Science- 12
- Washington University strives to complement its reputation for academic excellence with program and assistance that provide a multitude of benefits for all employees. This program allows for the optimal customization, suitable for each and every employee’s unique needs in order to feel secure on all dimensions.
- Washington University provides you with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that ensures economic protection against catastrophic losses while employed, a variety of time off and quality-of-life programs and financial assistance in planning for a comfortable retirement. WUSTL's generous benefits include health, retirement and tuition assistance.
- All of the individual specifications can be found at our Human Resources website: http://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
EMPLOYER ASSISTED HOUSING
- Washington University is committed to easing the transition of its new employees into the WUSTL community culture and the St. Louis experience. This includes finding and funding a place of residence for new hires. This is why Washington University created and continues to support the Employee Assisted Housing Program.
- Washington University and Barnes Jewish Health Care can offer up to $6,000 or more towards an employee’s purchase of a new home.
- Visit us on the web to learn how you can qualify for this Assisted Housing Program and check for your employee eligibility.
EXPLORE Washington University in Saint Louis
Whether you’re wandering amongst the students on the South 40, seeing a show at Edison Theater, or taking a leisurely stroll through the Kemper Art Musem, Washington University in Saint Louis has multitude to offer to all kinds of visitors. Get to know the Washington University and local St. Louis culture by experiencing it first hand!
Take a day off and come lose yourself for hours in the many attractions and attributes that Washington University has to offer for everyone and anyone.
Visitor Information: http://www.wustl.edu/community/visitors/
Get acquainted: http://diversity.wustl.edu/ and
The university has undertaken a series of distinctive commitments and proactive initiatives that emphasize putting diversity into action. This movement towards diversity and inclusion invite the entire Washington University community to join in the effort. Our signature programs include:
- Diversity and Inclusion Grants
- Distinguished Visiting Scholars
- Academic Pipeline Programs
- Faculty leadership Workshops
For diversity inquiries: (314) 935-3566 or (314) 935-8311
A Commitment to Sustainability
Here at Washington University, we are committed not only to caring for our students, faculty & staff, and community, but also to preserving our environment through our own sustainability efforts.
Washington University, along with the surrounding community, has a multitude of programs, service projects, and initiatives designed to decrease waste and encourage sustainable lifestyles.
Washington University is the first American university to ban the sale of plastic water bottles.
Read more here: http://sustainability.wustl.edu/
Get familiar with all things in and of Washington University! Check in to our newsroom to stay updated on all of the latest happenings in and around our campus and local community.
- Office of Admissions for Undergraduates
- (314) 935-6000
- Financial Aid for Students
- (888) 547-6670
- Human Resources
- (314) 935-5906
- General Inquiries
- (314) 935-5000
- Campus Bookstore
- (314) 935-5500
- Campus Address
- 1 Brookings Drive, Saint Louis, MO 63130
- Faculty and Staff Page
ACADEMIC SCHOOLS AND VISIONS
- Washington University is composed of nine different renowned schools:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- University College
- George Warren Brown School of Social Work
- School of Engineering & Applied Science
- Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Olin Business School
All information about the academic schools, divisions, and departments of Washington University can be found at http://www.wustl.edu/academics/