Design, build, and deploy data models from internal and external data sets to find opportunities and optimize business processes. Works closely with Line of Business Owners, Business Analysts, Data Stewards, Data Architects, and Developers to create insights gained from analyzing company data and test the effectiveness of difference courses of action. Demonstrates business results realized from the delivered data insights. Obtains new requirements from stakeholders and functional teams; and coordinates efforts with the developers, and business analysts. Recommends new sources of data both internal and external. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. Ensures compliance with Greystar's policies & procedures, safety, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
* Work as a hands-on member of the team to mine and analyze data from internal and external sources.
* Provide strategic leadership in the identification of new sources of data. Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
* Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
* Design and use predictive modeling to optimize business outcomes from primary lines of business including Property Management, Development and Construction, and Investment Management.
* Develop A/B testing framework and test model quality.
* Coordinate with functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
* Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
* Recommending proactive, innovative IT solutions for the improvement of IT design and operation whenever and wherever possible.
* Providing advice and guidance to all areas of IT and business management, analysts, planners, designers, and developers on all aspects of data modeling.
* Support the portfolio and project management processes by assisting in prioritization and sequencing of projects, support project work breakdown activities, help remove roadblocks, and lead resolution to disagreements related to solution design.
* Lead strategic analysis and collaboration efforts related to strategic planning, selection, and implementation of strategy and solutions, including needs required to preform data mining, modeling, and analysis.
* Actively participates in as-is and to-be solutions for enterprise systems, especially as it relates to developing plans and roadmaps.
* Strong understanding of statistical, data mining and modeling, and analysis techniques that mine and manipulate data to draw insights from data sets.
* Interfacing with designers and planners from external suppliers and service providers, ensuring all external IT services are designed to meet their agreed service levels and targets.
* Taking full responsibility for the design aspects of all stages of the lifecycle of IT systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, development, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade, transition, operation, and improvement.
* Designing measurement methods and metrics to support the continual improvement of service provision and all supporting processes.
* Help establish knowledge management as a core practice within IT, including both the repository of knowledge, as well as the practice of managing knowledge.
* Produce and manage a body of data science knowledge, system design, data design, etc.
* Support the review of processes, roles and responsibilities, and documentation in support of agency audit and compliance activities.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Superior communications and presentation skills
* Experience using statistical computer languages including R, Python with Pandas, matplotlib, etc.
* Experience writing T-SQL queries. Knowledge of Azure Platform as a Service (SQL PaaS) a plus.
* Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
* Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
* Familiarity with machine learning algorithms such as clustering, classification, neural networks, collaborative filtering, survival analysis, etc.
* Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
* Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau, d3.js, Shiny, Power BI.
* Experience with ETL/ELT tools such SSIS, Azure Data Factory or equivalent tools.
* Excellent meeting and conflict management skills
* Must be able to effectively communicate to cross functional leaders and senior executives internally and externally
* Self-starter with strong organizational, managerial and project management skills
* Able to design, review, and optimize technical project plans, identify critical dependencies, sequencing and risks, and drive projects to success
* Strong cross functional team leadership skills
* Ability to familiarize on technical subjects & emerging technologies and their relevance to our marketplace
* Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain data to team members
* Demonstrated proficiency in software such as, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs to develop and/or complete required reports
* Ability to comprehend and analyze operational system questions and issues and determine best steps in rendering solutions
* Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
* Experience in the real estate development, management or construction business is preferred
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.