Enterprise Services is a new shared services group within the Company. This accounting team will be supporting the Enterprise Technology, Innovation, Talent Management, Public Relations and Communications, and Customer Strategy & Brand groups. This role will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for Enterprise Services functions and executive leadership.
1. Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
2. Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
3. Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
4. Maintains the timely completion and distribution of financial reports for accounting manager review and assists in resolving discrepancies and variances in actuals-to-budget.
5. Works closely with the leaders of the Enterprise Services functional groups to explain journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions.
6. Assists with reforecasting and ad hoc financial requests of the Enterprise Services functional leaders in order to facilitate data-driven decision making.
7. Supports the annual business planning and budgeting process for the Enterprise Services groups, providing historical financial data and assisting in the management of budget models as needed. Assists in documenting and calculating a utility charge method of allocating costs of these groups.
8. Follows accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
9. Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
EducationCollege degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred. Qualifications Demonstrated ability to write and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts. Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, corporate accounting and job cost accounting programs to complete required reports. Proficient in managing multiple projects and priorities at the same time, and accomplishing projects and work within established timelines, financial targets, and quality standards. Understands the importance and necessity of being flexible and adjusting or adapting workstyle to fit Greystar s unique culture and way of getting things done. Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive in finding solutions. A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). College degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred. Oracle experience preferred. About usGreystar is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
Internal Number: 31934BR
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.