| New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset managers. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the company's six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the company's third party assets. |
The Program Manager position reports into the Managing Director - Head of Global Education & Development. This role works collaboratively with leadership from across New York Life Investment Management (NYLIM) (U.S. & International), members of HR, and the rest of the Global Education & Development team. Primary responsibilities include: facilitation of technical and professional development courses, instructional design, program design and implementation, and project management of key training initiatives.
- Ownership of international & domestic training programs, as assigned by the Head of Global Education & Development. An example includes: Designing & executing on a 1 week training program for Asian clients visiting New York.
- Influence up, down, and across the organization. Drive project team meetings, gain buy-in on strategies and training proposals, and manage all steps of the implementation process.
- As training needs arise, conducts needs assessment, propose training strategies, socialize proposal with key stakeholders, and implement on the strategy.
- Work in partnership with HR to deliver on key talent initiatives for NYLIM. Assist in building development programs and driving them forward.
- Design and deliver development to client areas as needed, including targeted learning programs, change management, and senior leadership teambuilding
- Will be called upon to lead Company-wide initiatives that span across multiple business/functional areas
- Ability to inspire and influence others while delivering a concise message
- Ability to take the complex and make it simple
- Strong relationship-building capabilities and demonstrated ability to connect with others
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time within a tight deadline driven environment
- Able to see the big picture and ensure that specific actions are in place to deliver and execute the agenda.
- Able to work toward a long-term strategy, while executing on short-term needs.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year accredited university with specialized coursework in business administration, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, and/or related disciplines; a MA or MS degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the asset management industry with exposure to international investing is preferred.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal/relationship skills, and diplomacy; outstanding communication, management skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management, influence and leadership skills required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.