- Frontline product and industry support for MPI clients across the financial services industry, including general Q/A and specific project, industry and workflow knowledge transfer.
- Training clients and internal team members on MPI products and services, as well as their underlying methodologies and financial concepts.
- Participating in live, client-facing training related to onsite client visits, company events or in other official capacities, as needed.
- Planning and/or conducting testing of MPI products, database feeds or other deliverables.
- Working with other Analysts, Senior Analysts and company team members on ad hoc projects ranging from training and documentation to research.
- A strong interest in solving problems
- B/A or B/S from accredited four-year college or university. Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Computer Science, and Economics majors are especially encouraged to apply, but all majors will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Visa sponsorship is not available for these positions at this time.
- Experience in the financial services industry, client services or support-related roles a plus
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation: ability to effectively communicate complex information and influence diverse internal constituents/senior management.
- Applicants should be comfortable with phone, e-mail, forum and in-person communication, including presenting to small or large groups.
Industry- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Candidates must have a strong interest in finance, financial data and quantitative concepts
- SQL, MS Access, XML and other programming experience a plus
- The ability to work as a member of a team is a must
- Self-directed and motivated, with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpretive and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, and economics a plus
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity
- Build effective cross organizational working relationships with sales, product management, research, and development
- High level of proficiency using MS Office Professional Suite, Project, Visio, Excel and online conferencing tools a plus
- Ability to effectively leverage diverse areas of expertise toward client objectives
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to adapt to any environment
- Proven ability in growing client account relationships and ability to quickly build client confidence, a major plus
- MPI is an equal-opportunity employer
- Health and dental, and flexible-spending arrangements
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education stipend
- Competitive vacation/time-off policy, including occasional work-from-home capabilities
- Life insurance
NOTE: Candidates need not necessarily fit all criteria; we will be looking for the strongest candidate match to our needs. Please note that this position is based at our Summit, NJ headquarters. MPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Markov Processes International, Inc (MPI) is a leading provider of solutions for investment research, analysis and reporting to the global wealth and investment management industry. With offices in the New York City area, London, and Tokyo, we serve more than 300 client organizations worldwide, including government regulators, pensions and endowments, sovereign wealth funds, global wealth management firms, institutional consultants, investment advisors and asset managers. Rooted in the principles of transparency, objectivity and efficiency, MPI takes an innovative approach to problem solving in the areas of fund analysis, risk management, asset allocation and portfolio construction and reporting to ensure its clients have the tools to succeed in ever-crowded markets.