The Analyst, Treasury Operations supports daily and monthly activities required for an efficient and effective Treasury Operations function for the Association. This position functions as an individual professional contributor to provide the financial expertise to assist in accomplishing the required responsibilities and to support non-routine financial projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Help Support with Daily and month-end Cash Management, Investment, and Accounting activities
Access Bank reports from various banking and investment institutions to use as a basis for cash projections and reporting. Assist during the absence of the Treasury Operations Director to execute daily investment transactions based on established investment policies and guidelines giving consideration to changing market conditions and maintaining appropriate portfolio to maximize interest yields.
Assist with responsibilities for the daily determination of the cash position for the daily cash requirements of business supported, including whether the programs have either an excess or shortage of funds, and act appropriately.
Assist with daily bank transaction reports to gather, analyze, and monitor business’ money-movement transactions.
Assist with Reviewing Daily Positive Pay check clearing exceptions to safeguard corporate assets and prevent fraud; and review any ACH return items and ensure appropriate corrections are made.
Assist with Reviewing and approving and at times, initiate daily fund disbursements by creating ACH or FED Wire transactions based on disbursement data provided by the Accounts Payable section. Maintain required bank routing information. Assist with calculation of funding to redeem investment funds to cover daily disbursements.
Assist with preparing month-end standard accounting entries for Treasury and Investment activities. Assist in preparing various month-end cash, reconciliation, and investment transfer reports for controls and accuracy for Director, Treasury Operations.
Assist with the following: Acquire, update, and deliver various electronic reports and banking statements to forward on to the financial reporting staff for month-end reconciliations and tax purposes.
Support with Performing weekly banking reconciliation process, to identify and ensure accuracy of money movement. Includes working with Financial Reporting staff to effectively perform month-end reconciliation process.
Assist with updating Cash projection reports.
Assist in preparing and reviewing daily cash reports, review of investment action strategy, and accessing a Letter of Credit facility to drawdown money to fund programs.
Assist with Federal Employee Program (FEP) funding and accounting activities.
Assist with providing cash management, accounting analysis, and fair-value financial support to all BCBSA affiliates including back-up support for capital calls, support to the independent CPA firm performing year-end audits, communication with investor representatives regarding cash transaction matters and support regarding fair-value analysis.
Treasury Specific: Perform Treasury Operation activities using on-line Banking systems and PeopleSoft System:
- Help with ensuring that all vendor set ups in Banking and PeopleSoft systems are properly maintained and updated to facilitate electronic funds pay cycle processing and all other payments, and to ensure proper GL accounting and reconciliations.
- Help with maintaining proper investment recording and accounting in PeopleSoft Deal Management for both all BCBSA programs
- Assist with electronic funds transfer data which includes $ money movement and bank account data from the PeopleSoft ach/wire payment cycle and/or manual payments from banking institution’s online banking systems
- Help with uploading ACH payment files into PeopleSoft Cash Management for release to the bank through the PeopleSoft Financial Gateway
- Using banking system web portals and PeopleSoft, ensure settlement payment file settlements to the Bank. - which includes the payment process for various programs and affiliates so as to aid cash forecasting accuracy for daily investments.
- Work closely with Procurement, AP, and Legal departments to process requests for international wire payments.
- Work closely with PeopleSoft IT staff to trouble-shoot any failures/issues with EDI banking data transfers, g/l accounting, and other system issues.
- Assist with monitoring check issuance data from Corporate Disbursement account and Payroll account to banks. Help with downloading check clearance data daily from the bank and reconcile with PeopleSoft AP subsystem to ensure accuracy of outstanding checks and investigate any variances.
Treasury Specific: Provide financial assistance for special projects
- Help in preparing various monthly Summary Cash Reports for Senior Management use.
- Help in providing required schedules and supporting information for annual audit of the Association books. Provide support to any internal audits and affiliate program audits as needed. Assist in using PeopleSoft application to analyze data and prepare all schedules to arrive at a conclusion to provide explanations to the auditors immediate requests and PBC requests.
- Provide assistance to the Director, Treasury Operations and other Treasury Operation’s staff by reviewing reports, doing on line research relating to Treasury activities, or prepare responses to customer’s inquiries.
- Help in building and updating complex MS Excel files to include sophisticated formulas and macros.
- Assist with other special projects when necessary.
- Keep abreast of undated and/or new Banking, Cash Management, and Treasury technology and services.