| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com.
About the Team:
The available position is part of the Private Wealth Management Middle Office. The Middle Office directly supports Private Client Advisors (PCA) and Investment Management Counseling (IMC). The Middle Office is the liaison between the Front Office and our custodian, National Financial Services. Client Accounts is responsible for Client Onboarding, Account Maintenance, Asset Transfers, and Money Movements.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Review status of margin accounts daily. Determine with our custodian, NFS when a margin call is required for an account. Contact brokers to review status of accounts with margin issues. Execute transfers as directed by client or broker to maintain margin collateral levels.
- Assist with the daily workflow of funds transfers to ensure accuracy and timely completion. Investigate and resolve any errors, inconsistencies, or problems.
- Participate in various projects and initiatives to support Middle Office Operations and the other business units (e.g. PCA and IMC). This may include projects pertaining to the structure of Middle Office, operational flows and systems, rollout of new products and services, etc.
- Report to management on general status of margin accounts and of any particular margin accounts that require special attention.
- Detailed knowledge of Regulation T, NYSE margin rules, NFS margin rules.
- Strong knowledge of margin computation methods including margin account / option / short sale margin calculations.
- Strong knowledge of securities business processes and applicable procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, both individually, and as part of a team.
- Easily adaptable to changing circumstances and diverse personalities.
- Highly motivated with the ability to energize others.
- 3+ years' experience in margin account area of brokerage firm.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Series 7 required.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.