| Parametric, headquartered in Seattle, WA, is a leading global asset management firm providing systematic, rules-based investment strategies and customized exposure management to institutions and individual investors around the world. We take an engineer’s approach to asset management - mathematical, pragmatic and testable. Parametric portfolio managers act as investment "engineers," creating portfolios with explicit risk and return targets and continually measuring and managing the impact of relevant costs. Our approaches are, at their roots, quantitative and rules-based. They evolve slowly, as they don’t require repeated tactical insights into valuations or market direction. Parametric is a majority-owned subsidiary of Eaton Vance Corp. and offers these capabilities through investment centers in Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN and Westport, CT (home to Parametric subsidiary Parametric Risk Advisors LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser). |
OPERATIONS STRATEGY MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTING/ INVESTMENT OPERATIONS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION Responsible for supporting, evaluating, and implementing enhancements for all day to day processing related activities in the Portfolio Accounting and Investment Operations departments.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and extensive knowledge of back office functions which include portfolio accounting and investment operations.
- Manages and drives execution of large and small scale projects and initiatives including technology components.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to ensure that the daily operations are processing in an efficient and effective fashion.
- Manages and identifies challenge areas and executes plans for improvement in the Portfolio Accounting and Investment Operations departments.
- Must thrive in managing multiple projects, deadlines, client inquiries, across several teams and departments etc. in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuously monitoring processes to ensure the department is current with changes in the industry.
- Resolves issues quickly with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize initiatives.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with other managers and internal staff to coordinate new initiatives or to address client needs.
- Implement and oversee operational processes with regard to new product launches.
- Supports Portfolio Accounting and Investment Operations business requirements related to technology needs for both internal and external vendors.
- Performs wide array of developmental functions, including interviewing, coaching/mentoring, performance appraisals, development planning, and corrective action/termination.
- Must be able to perform at times with a high level of ambiguity.