| Summary: |
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients' needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
The Client Relations & Development Manager (CRDM) reports directly to the Head of Client Relations & Development and is a key individual contributor member of the Client Relations & Development (CRD) team within the North American Institutional Distribution (NAID) group. In this role, s/he will partner directly with the sales team to provide best in class client service to our institutional clients across the Public Fund and Taft Hartley/Jointly Trusteed channels. The CRDM will also collaborate with other internal functional groups and establish successful partnerships that produce client centric solutions across the enterprise to deliver a seamless experience to both internal and external clients throughout the client lifecycle.
- Provide client and consultant support, including on- and off-boarding, as well as responding to inquiries on a broad variety of topics, including portfolio/product information, compliance and audit requests and account related information
- Coordinate with all of the boutiques under the BNY Mellon umbrella to support sales & client service efforts for NAID Sales - interactions can range from the highest levels of boutique personnel to those in basic operations
- Maintain and prepare client information, competitive analysis reports, presentations and marketing materials as well as internal sales coordination
- Provide coverage for client and consultant meetings and conferences
- Provide sales support which includes the ability to identify potential new business opportunities
- Act as an extension of the NAID Sales team to foster existing and new relationships
- Participate in all stages of the sales opportunity which may include, but is not limited to, creating customized presentation materials, competitive analysis reporting, vetting of RFPs, attending internal pre-presentation meetings, and identifying and fulfilling any follow up deliverables
- Attend and participate in client/prospect presentations and/or board meetings along with the Sales and/or Boutique Representative(s)
- Leverage information from various databases and analytical tools to turn it into analysis and intelligence for sales efforts and calling campaigns, working with multiple sets of information from tools such as MMD, eVestment, Preqin, Seismic, Salesforce, etc.
- Interact occasionally with Investment Servicing, Marketing, Compliance and Legal staff
- Participate in department projects as needed
To be successful in this role, a candidate will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to consistently solve complex problems, with sound judgment in knowing when to refer more complex problems to their manager or other Senior NAID staff
- The tenacity and resourcefulness to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work and manage projects independently, be a self-starter, and resolve issues and complex problems with minimal supervision
- The ability to support, guide and assist the Client Relations & Development Associates on a daily basis
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate articulately and professionally
- A strong client service and sales support orientation and high quality work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 licenses, or the ability to obtain these licenses within 6 months of hire
- At least 4 years of relationship management experience in the institutional investment management or investment servicing industries, performing client service and/or project management roles supporting sales efforts within multiple channels
- CFA designation, or enrollment in CFA designation program
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 33212
Job: Asset Management
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1705597