· Bring dozens of siloed data sources into one unified environment
· Produce valuable market insights through in-depth analysis
· Interact with your data in real time
· Empower non-technical users to produce valuable market insights
· Connect work groups and business units
· Analyze and map web data about publicly traded companies such as credit and debit card transactions and electronic receipts from millions of consumers
· Design methods to obtain valuable information through modern, large-scale technology.
· Big Data Research- Dig deep into large data sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to identify patterns that will help the team make more informed decisions
· Aggregate transaction data from ecommerce marketplaces
· Data Mining and Data Manipulation to extract timely and meaningful insights
· Use Business Intelligence tools and applications to identify and understand trends
· Apply machine learning concepts into investment research as required
· Assess data quality, identify data integrity issues
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you're building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
This is a demanding role that will require data base design experience and proven experience scraping and parsing web based data for nuggets of information. Candidates do not need to have previous experience in the financial markets but must bring a passion for data mining and statistical modeling. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for generating insights from data to leverage these skills in an investment management opportunity.
Keywords: Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Web Scraping, Parsing, Python, Scripting, Data Analyst, MapReduce, Hadoop, Java
Please refer to Job #22310 - and send MS Word attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org