Position Description: Investment Director with Private Equity Experience
The Brown University Investment Office is looking to hire an investment professional to join its 19-person team. Although the Office employs a generalist model, the successful candidate will have experience with private markets and should be knowledgeable of private equity buyout funds, venture funds, and private fund structures. The role will entail:
- Assisting in the selection, evaluation and monitoring of external investment managers with an emphasis on private fund managers.
- Managing the due diligence process for potential investments.
- Overseeing structuring of investments from the legal and financial perspective.
- Presenting summaries of proposed investments or investment managers.
- Leading research projects related to global markets, asset classes, and relative fund/manager comparisons within asset categories.
- Contributing to the endowment asset allocation process.
- Managing the development of analyses and materials for the Investment Committee.
- Mentoring Investment Associates and Analysts.
- Supporting requests from the University for ad hoc research projects or requests.
- Supporting the overall mission of Brown University.
The professional should have the following qualifications:
- Strong academic background with BA/BS from highly competitive college or university.
- 5+ years of experience in institutional asset management, or private equity and/or secondary fund management.
- Knowledge of the global private equity universe, including fund managers and fund structures.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. The ability to write clearly and concisely is a key requirement.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently.
- Superior work ethic with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal and credit check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-20-08:00
Job Posting Title:Investment Director
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.