Aetna’s Credit Research Group works closely with the Investment Grade, High Yield, Emerging Market, Structured Product and Money Market sector specialists to find and evaluate investment opportunities for the $20 billion fixed income portfolio. The new hire will join a team of nine analysts who are all industry specialists who leverage their understanding of industry dynamics across the spectrum of maturities and credit risk.
This experienced analyst will focus on the Oil & Gas industry sectors providing bond credit analysis, research support and relative value assessments for portfolio managers by analyzing relationships across sectors, companies and securities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ongoing coverage of companies and industries including credit reviews, individual credit analysis, industry, sector and country analysis. Must have ability to cover High Yield, High Grade, Money Market, Domestic and International credits
- Developing and maintaining financial models for individual credits - Timely responses to requests to evaluate new investment ideas
- Developing strategies for investing in designated industry sectors
- Working with the Portfolio Managers to implement recommended investment strategies
- Preparing and presenting investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers and Investment Management leadership in both formal and informal settings
- Providing Industry and Analytical expertise to other areas of Aetna when required for special projects and assignments.
- Specific expertise in the Oil and Gas industry REQUIRED - Minimum 5 years work experience in Banking, Finance or Investment Management as an Analyst covering Oil & Gas REQUIRED
- MBA in Finance or CFA - Demonstrated analytical capabilities; evidence of independence and confidence in decision making - Demonstrated expertise with Excel and Bloomberg
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
EDUCATION The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS Finance/Chartered Financial Analyst is desired
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.