This position is responsible for the day to day accounting of real estate assets of managed properties. Primary responsibilities include maintaining and closing the books and records of managed properties in Georgia and Florida and all ancillary accounting related to these assets including invoice processing and periodic reporting. Property Management Accountant must always professionally represent the company, utilizing excellent written and oral communication skills in daily contact with employees and vendors.
* Prepare and review all monthly and quarterly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
* Forecast cash flow
* Analyze monthly financial statements and work with Property Managers to provide variance explanations when comparing actual to budget or historical results
* Monthly bank reconciliations
* Record all lock box deposits and cash receipts
* Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
* Calculate monthly management fees, sales tax, rent adjustment, and other fees
* Perform monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation
* Communicate professionally with tenants regarding collection matters
* Yearly budget preparation
* Annual CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations
* Manage the Accounts Payable process for associated properties
* Periodic water reconciliation and billings
* Review percentage rents and create related charges
* New property set up in Property Management software
* Update account software for new or amended leases
* Work with auditors on an as needed basis and assist with year-end audit requests.
* Review leases for understanding as it relates to CAM reconciliations, percentage rent billing, and other Property Accounting functions
* Resolution of problems and issues as needed
Qualifications: * Bachelorâ??s Degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 2 years of accounting experience with an emphasis in the real estate industry * Must be conscientious about achieving deadlines * Must possess excellent coordination skills as well as ability to juggle many â??priorityâ?? tasks at one time * Must have excellent telephone skills to act as direct liaison between the Property Managers, Portfolio Managers and project owners, tenants and prospective tenants and clients. * Must be accurate, attentive to detail, self-motivated, and organized * Must be able to handle sensitive and private information * Familiar with Skyline and MRI accounting software a plus * Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and accounting standards in general * Must be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word for internal and external correspondence and reports